- Saturday, April 7: 9:30-11:00 am. Constellation Tubes
- Theme: Introduction to the constellations.
- Instrument introduction: Constellation tubes.
- OER activities: Constellation tubes and coloring pages.
Bring your own tea bags or k-cups: Amenities in Ptolemy's Tea House include a microwave, an electric water kettle, a keurig-cup coffee maker, and an ice-machine with filtered water.
A workshop program typically follows this three-part format:
- Thematic introduction (roughly 20 mins; eat lunch during this portion of the program)
- Instrument overview (roughly 20 mins)
- Hands-on OER activity (roughly 20 mins)
This event is designed for educators and docents, not for kids. Since space is limited, we encourage young children to come on family days (home game days in the Fall; to be announced for other seasons), or to schedule a docent-led group visit to Galileo's World, including activities for kids from 3rd grade on up (see lynx-open-ed.org/tour).
The Lynx Open Ed Workshop series is designed especially for educators and docents. Each workshop features participatory activities or OERs that are being prepared in relation to the exhibit. While completing activities, participants will offer feedback for OER development and discuss the particular groups and classes for which any activity might be helpful. Two goals of each workshop are:
- to create or prepare materials/OERs that will be used in upcoming class visits, and
- to become proficient in leading others as they use these materials/OERs.
Read about other educator brownbags: lynx-open-ed.org/brownbag