Docents are trained volunteers who...
- volunteer for shifts interacting with visitors and monitoring the Exhibit Hall, or
- give scheduled tours of the Galileo's World Reprise exhibit, or
- offer various exhibit-related off-site programs, or
- arrange to be present at special events to interact with visitors, or
- supervise activities in the Ogilvie Exploration Room, or
- assist with other projects for the History of Science Collections.
For scheduled tours, docents are paired with tour groups according to their interests and expertise. Tours may be arranged for specific ages, subject areas, or type of group. Perhaps you would prefer 3rd graders, or secondary science classes, music or art groups, or senior citizens, etc.
We welcome mature youths, graduate students, and adult members of the Norman community to serve as docents.
We especially need docents with experience in educational, scientific or museum settings.