Docents are trained volunteers who...
- volunteer for shifts interacting with visitors and monitoring the Exhibit Hall, or
- give scheduled tours of the Galileo's World Reprise exhibit, or
- offer various exhibit-related off-site programs, or
- arrange to be present at special events to interact with visitors, or
- supervise activities in the Ogilvie Exploration Room, or
- help create materials needed for learning activities, or
- field-test learning activities in development, or
- assist with other projects for the History of Science Collections.
For assisting with scheduled tours, docents are paired with tour groups according to their interests and expertise. Tours may be arranged for specific ages, subject areas, or type of group. Perhaps you would prefer 3rd graders, or secondary science classes, music or art groups, or senior citizens, etc.
We welcome mature youths, undergraduate students, graduate students, and adults in the Norman area to serve as docents.
We especially need docents with experience in educational, scientific or museum settings.