Interested in joining our docent team?
Here's how to get started:
- Join us for the OU Lynx brown-bag series for docents and educators.
- We will soon be hosting docent training sessions, walking tours, and social events, perhaps on Monday evenings.
If you’re interested in joining our docent team, please contact us: BL5.Tours@ou.edu (405/325-2760).
Stay tuned for announcements of training opportunities this fall and winter. Meanwhile, here are some options for diving deeper:
- Peruse the On-site tours and Off-site programs pages, and the various Types of Programs, and see if any extended tours appeal to you, or if you would like to work with us to develop others.
- Browse the OERs available online, and the activities currently available in the Exhibit Hall and Exploration Room which we are working now to put online. Training is provided. Which ones appeal to you? Basic tours include two or three of these activities selected to fit the nature of the group.
- Browse the various series and subject areas on the OERs page. Which ones appeal to you? A basic tour may be customized according to one of these series or subject areas.
- Browse the different sections of this Docent Training Manual: History of Science; Current Exhibit - Galileo's World; and "Procedures and Policies."